PUBLIC INFORMATION BOARD
TOWN OF TYRE
COUNTY OF SENECA
STATE OF NEW YORK
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING REGARDING THE
RATIFICATION AND APPROVAL OF
TOWN OF TYRE SEWER DISTRICT NO. 1
Please take notice that the Town Board of the Town of Tyre will conduct a public hearing on July 16, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. at The Band Hall Building, 616 Lamb Road, Seneca falls, New York in the Town of Tyre, regarding the ratification and approval of Town of Tyre Sewer District No. 1, in accordance with the following resolution of the Town Board adopted on June 25, 2015:
RESOLUTION SCHEDULING A PUBLIC HEARING REGARDING THE RATIFICATION AND APPROVAL OF TOWN OF TYRE SEWER DISTRICT NO. 1
Introduced by James Rogers, who moved its and option, seconded by Joseph DelPapa.
WHEREAS, on April 21, 2011, the Town Board of the Town of Tyre (the “Town”) adopted a resolution establishing the Town of Tyre Sewer District No. 1 (the "District"); and
WHEREAS, the District boundaries are described in Exhibit A to this resolution; and
WHEREAS, the sewer system in the District consists of a 12 inch sewer line located along New York State Route 414 (the “Sewer Line”) that is currently owned by the Seneca County Industrial Development Agency (the “IDA”) and which is connected to the Town of Seneca Falls sewer system and wastewater treatment plant; and
WHEREAS, in connection with the proposed transfer of the Sewer Line by the IDA to the Town, the Town Board desires to ratify and approve the District formation; and
WHEREAS, no additional improvements to sewer facilities in the District are currently planned; and
WHEREAS, MRB Group prepared an Engineering Report regarding the District dated March, 2011, as supplemented by the Engineering Report Supplement dated June, 2015 prepared by Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C., copies of which are on file in the Town Clerk’s Office and available for inspection during normal business hours; and
WHEREAS, properties in the District that connect to the Sewer Line will pay a sewer use charge to the Town of Seneca Falls that is based on water usage, at the following rate:
First 400 cubic feet
500 – 30,000 cubic feet
30,100 – 100,000 cu. ft.
100,100 – 150,000 cu. ft.
Greater than 150,000 cu. ft.
Tyre S.D. No. 1 Sewer Charge per Cubic Foot
WHEREAS, the cost of the District to the typical property in the District will be determined under the rate schedule set forth above, and no additional hook-up fees are anticipated.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Town Board will hold a public hearing to hear all persons interested in the ratification and approval of the Town of Tyre Sewer District No. 1, which public hearing shall be held at The Band Hall Building, 616 Lamb Road, Seneca Falls, New York 13148, in the Town of Tyre on July 16, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.; and be it further
RESOLVED, and ordered that the Town Clerk give notice of such hearing by posting and publishing a certified copy of this resolution as required by law, not less than ten nor more than twenty days before such hearing.
ROLL CALL VOTE
Ayes: Thomas Thompson
Absent: Reginald Aceto
/s/ Elizabeth Sutterby
Town of Tyre Sewer District No. 1
Description of District Boundaries
ALLTHATTRACT ORPARCEL OFLAND situateintheTownofTyre,CountyofSenecaandStateofNewYork,asshownonamapentitled"SewerDistrictNo.l"preparedbyMRB/groupanddated12/2010,andboundedanddescribedasfollows:
BeginningattheintersectionoftheexitingwesterlyhighwayboundaryofNewYorkStateRoute414withtheexistingnortherlymunicipalboundarybetweentheTownofTyreandtheTownofSenecaFallssaidpointalsobeingtheintersectionoftheexistingsoutherlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel 15-1-37; thence
1. Westerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingmunicipalboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingwesterlyboundsofTaxMpparcel 15-1-37;thence
3. Easterlyalongthelastmentionedexistingsoutherlyhighwayboundarytoapointsaid pointbeing500'±westerlyof,asmeasuredatrightanglesof, theexitingwesterlyhighwayboundaryofNewYorkStateRoute414;thence
4. Northerly,throughlandsofTaxMapParcels15-1-20.11and15-1-24,runningparalleltoand500'±westerlyofasmeasuredatrightanglesoftheexistingwesterlyhighwayboundaryofNewYorkState Route414toappointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingnortherlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 15-1-24;thence.
5. Easterly,alongthelastmentionedexistingnortherlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingwesterlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel 15-1-31;thence
6. Northerly, alongthelastmentionedexistingWesterlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingnortherlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 15-1-31;thence
7. Easterly,alongthelastmentionedexistingnortherlybounds toapointatitsintersectionwiththesoutherlyextensionoftheexistingwesterlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel15-1-25.111;thence
8. Northerly,through landsofTaxMapParcel15-1-31andalongtheexistingwesterlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel15-1-25.111toapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingsoutherlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel15-1-25.2;thence
9. Westerly,alongthelastmentionedsoutherlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexitingwesterlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 15-1-25.2;thence
10. Northeasterly, alongthelastmentionedexistingwesterlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingsoutherlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 15-1-01;thence
11. Westerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingsoutherlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingwesterlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 15-1-01saidpointalsobeingtheintersectionwiththeexistingmunicipalboundarybetweentheTownofTyreandtheTownofJunius;thence
13. Easterly,alonghelastmentionedexistingnortherlyhighwayboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingwesterlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel 12-1-33;thence
14. Northerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingwesterlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingsoutherlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel 12-1-33;thence
15. Westerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingsoutherlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingwesterlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel 12-1-33said pointalsobeingtheintersectionwiththeexistingmunicipalboundarybetweentheTownofTyreandtheTownofJunius;thence
16. Northerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingwesterlyboundaryandalsoalongtheexistingmunicipalboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththecommondivisionlinebetweenTaxMapParcel 12-1-33withTaxMapParcel 12-1-35(TheGovernorThomasEDeweyThruway);thence
18. Northerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingwesterlyhighwayboundarytoapointat itsintersectionwiththeexistingwesterlyextensionofthesoutherlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel12-1-37(TheGovernorThomasEDeweyThruway);thence
19. Easterly,alongthelastmentionedexistingsoutherlyboundaryanditswesterlyextensiontoa pointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingeasterlyboundaryofTaxMapparcel 12-1-49;thence
20. Southerly,alongthelastmentioned existingeasterlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingsoutherlyboundsofTaxMapParcel12-1-49;thence
21. Westerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingsoutherlyboundarytoa pointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingeasterlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 12-1-27.12;thence
22. Southerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingeasterlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingnortherlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 12-1-30;thence
23. Easterly,alongthelastmentionednortherlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingeasterlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 12-1-30;thence
24. Southerly,alongthelastmentioned existingeasterlyboundaryanditssoutherlyextensiontoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingsoutherlyhighwayboundaryofNewYorkStateRoute318;thence
25. Easterly,alongthelastmentionedexistingsoutherlyhighwayboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingeasterlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel 15-1-05.2;thence
26. Southerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingeasterlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingnortherlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel 15-1-05.2;thence
27. Easterly,alongthelastmentionedexistingnortherlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingeasterlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel 15-1-05.2;thence
28. Southerly,alongthelastmentioned existingeasterlyboundaryandalsoalongtheexistingeasterlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 15-1-07.12toapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingnortherlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 15-1-27;thence
29. Easterly,alongthelastmentionedexistingnortherlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingeasterlyboundsofTaxMapParcel 15-1-27;thence
30. Southerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingeasterlyboundary toapointatitsintersectionwiththeexisting_southerlyboundsofTaxMapParcel15-1-27;thence
33. Westerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingsoutherlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwith theexistingeasterlyboundsofTaxMapParcel15-1-39;thence
34. Southerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingeasterlyboundaryand alsoalongtheexistingeasterlyboundsofTaxMapParcels15-1-33.122,15-1-33.121,15-1-36,15-1-33.2,15-1-30.2and15-1-30.1andtheirsoutherlyextensiontoapointatitsintersectionwith theexisting southerlyhighwayboundaryofWordenRoad;thence
36. Southerly,alongthelastmentionedexistingeasterlyboundarytoapointatitsintersectionwiththeexistingsoutherlyboundaryofTaxMapParcel 15-1-20.12saidpointalsobeingtheexistingmunicipalboundarybetweentheTownofTyreandtheTownofSenecaFalls;thence
37. Westerlyalongthelastmentionedexistingsoutherlyboundaryandalsoalongtheexistingmunicipalboundarytothepointandplaceofbeginningcontaining 451± acresoflandmoreorless.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING AND REGULAR MEETING OF TYRE TOWN BOARD
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF PROPOSED MODIFIED SITE PLAN DOCUMENTS FOR THE LAGO RESORT & CASINO PROJECT
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, a special meeting of the Town of Tyre Town Board will be held at the Band Hall Building, 616 Lamb Road, Seneca Falls, NY 13148, in the Town of Tyre, on June 25, 2015 at 7:30 PM for the purpose of considering proposed modified site plans and an exterior sign package submitted to the Town by Lago Resort & Casino, LLC for the Lago Resort & Casino project (the “Modified Site Plan Documents”), which documents include proposed amendments to the Site Plan that was initially approved with conditions by the Town Board on June 12, 2014, and later approved by the Town Board with certain amendments with conditions on August 21, 2014.
The Town Board will also consider the Modified Site Plan Documents at its regular Town Board meeting to be held on July 16, 2015 at 7:30 PM at the Band Hall Building, 616 Lamb Road, Seneca Falls, NY 13148, in the Town of Tyre.
At its special meeting on June 25, 2015 and at its regular meeting on July 16, 2015, the Town Board may also consider any matter that is properly brought before it.
A copy of the proposed Modified Site Plan Documents is available for public review at the Town of Tyre Town Clerk’s Office located at 636 Sutterby Rd., Seneca Falls, NY 13148 during normal business hours, and at the Seneca Falls Public Library located at 47 Cayuga Street, Seneca Falls, NY 13148.
Unless the Town Board provides notice of a different meeting place, all future meetings of the Town Board will be held at the Band Hall Building, having an address at 616 Lamb Road, Seneca Falls, NY 13148, in the Town of Tyre.
By Order of the Tyre Town Board
Ronald F. McGreevy, Town Supervisor
Town of Tyre Receives State Award for Its Comprehensive Plan
The Town of Tyre received the New York Planning Federation's Comprehensive Plan Award at the annual meeting of the Federation in Bolton Landing, NY on April 13, 2015. The award recognizes innovative plans or plan updates, both municipal and county-wide. The citation noted how the town created their Comprehensive Plan on its own without outside consultants and lauded the plan for its design of commercial development in restricted areas while preserving the rural nature of the town. Federation president, Laura Moore, presented the award to Supervisor Ronald McGreevy and Planning Chairman Robert Seem.
CASINO INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS, LINKS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT SECTION.
LOCATED ABOVE ON THE MAIN NAVIGATION BAR.